How To Make Delicious Iced Coffee
Need the perfect afternoon pick-me-up? Our easy iced coffee recipe is a refreshing treat for a hot summer day or you can mix up your morning coffee routine. With our delicious recipe, you will be set to make the most delectable iced coffee at home!
How Do I Make Iced Coffee?
You first need to pick out what coffee blend you’ll want for the drink. We recommend the Amora Coffee Delicata, a gently roasted blend with a balanced, fruity, creamy taste, low intensity, and it won’t be hard on the stomach. Brew the coffee whichever way you prefer, we recommend in a coffee pot, french press or Aeropress. What distinguishes an iced coffee from other drinks is that you need to brew your coffee hot. To learn how to brew the perfect cup of coffee in an Aeropress, refer to our instructional guide.
Next, you’ll need a large drinking glass and a stirring spoon that’s long enough to reach the bottom. Fill the cup almost to the top with ice, but not regular ice! To get serious with your iced coffee and to make sure the coffee does not get that “watered-down” effect, we suggest making your ice cubes out of coffee as well. You can do this by pouring coffee into an ice tray and freezing it a few hours before.
After you’ve filled the glass full to the rim with the ice, pour your brewed coffee into the glass, leaving just a little room at the top. You can leave your iced coffee like this, or you can put the milk of your choice in.
This next step will determine how sweet or creamy you want your coffee to be. Creamer options can include a dairy creamer or a dairy-free alternative. There are dairy-free options such as almond, oat, coconut or cashew milk. Whichever you prefer, pour the creamer into the cup, and relax as you watch the cream sink to the bottom and the flavors mix together.
To add additional sweetness, you can add a little bit of honey or agave nectar into the cup, other sweeter options could be table sugar or monk fruit sweetener. Take the long stirring spoon and mix it all together.
The finishing touches? Be sure to add a dash of nutmeg or cinnamon to the top and voila! The recipe to make the perfect iced coffee. Sip and enjoy.
- 1 cup ice (coffee ice cubes)
- 1 cup of Amora Coffee
- 2 tablespoons creamer of choice
- 1-2 teaspoons of sweetener
- Nutmeg or Cinnamon
What are other types of coffee blends can you use?
If you want to try another blend of coffee, Amora Coffee has many more options. Whether you prefer a smooth and bold flavor, we’ve got you covered.
- Elegante- a smoothly roasted coffee with notes of chocolate, caramel and spices. This a beautiful medium roast from South American and Indonesian beans.
- Vigorosi- a boldly roasted blend from East Africa and South America, offering notes of lemon fruitiness, dark chocolate and caramel.
- Intenso- a fiercely roasted smokey, bittersweet and cacao mix. The beans reign from Central and South America to offer an intense full-bodied dark roast coffee with a decadent finish.
Historically, Everyone Has Loved Iced Coffee
One of the distinguishing features of iced coffee is the caffeine and coldness. This cold coffee mix has been enjoyed throughout history. In fact, it was accidentally invented by Dimitris Vakondio in 1957. While he didn’t have access to hot water to make coffee, he experimented with shaking together instant coffee, cold water and ice. Today, modern iced coffee consists of hot brewed coffee mixed with a creamer and ice.
Difference between Iced Coffee and Cold Brew Coffee?
The main difference between the two, iced coffee and cold brew, is how you brew the coffee grinds. Cold brew is brewed by soaking coffee beans in cold water or room temperature for 12 hours to extract sugars, oils and caffeine. On the other hand, iced coffee uses hot water to extract the delicious flavors, which is then poured over ice. A cup of cold brew will contain less acidity from the brewing process, which could be easier on the stomach. There is no caloric difference between the two. Both can be enjoyed with additional sweeteners or milk.
Tools to help you with your Iced coffee recipe
Now that you know how to make the most easy and delicious iced coffee recipe, you may need some additional items to take your iced coffee to the next level. These options could also be a great gift idea for coffee drinkers, for more information on coffee gifting ideas we have our guide here.
- Mason jars- These are the perfect drinking glasses to aesthetically display your iced coffee creation and are dishwasher safe. They come in many different sizes.
- Re-useable straws- Avoid plastic straws and opt for a silicon or metal one instead! Be sure to use a straw cleaner to clean them out after each use.
- Silicone ice cube tray- This is for the coffee-ice, to make sure your drink does not get “watered-down”. A silicone ice tray can come in fun shapes and are easy to use and dishwasher safe.
- Glass measuring cup- Using this will make your creamer-to-coffee ratio exact!
Amora Coffee’s Finest Quality
Since 2011, Amora Coffee has been on a mission to bring you the finest quality coffee. We care about the whole process, from where we grow our beans, how we bag and package them, to how they are shipped to your doorstep. We understand that shipping it directly to you with our subscription service will save you time and worry, it takes the stress off the grocery list. Give our iced coffee recipe a try and check out our coffee blends today!