What Organic Tea Blends Can Do For You
Tea is one of the world’s most popular and beloved beverages. From Asia to Europe, Africa to North America, and everywhere in between, tea has enjoyed a reputation for thousands of years as the ultimate drink for any occasion.
Cultivated by civilizations as far back as 2,737 B.C.E. in Ancient China, tea has served as a cultural, spiritual, and flavorful delight for people across many generations. In fact, tea is the world’s second most popular beverage, behind only water.
At Amora, we are passionate about the history of tea and its future. Personally, we are big fans of healthy, refreshing organic tea blends extracted from healthy soil and free from chemicals or GMOs.
But why? What makes organic tea a superior option? And what do you need to know to find the best organic tea blends for you?
Let’s dive into all this more as we present Amora’s Guide To Organic Tea.
What is an Organic Tea Blend?
Similar to “all-natural,” the word “organic” is used a lot to describe myriad foods, beverages and products. But what does it mean when we are describing tea?
In the United States, organic tea is subject to a rigorous review process by the USDA that ensures the quality of its products and ingredients. This means that any “organic tea” in the U.S. has to:
- Sustain and enhance healthy soil, animals, plants and people
- Be based on ecological systems
- Protect the health and well-being of current and future generations and the environment
Certification from the USDA also means that organic tea has to be pesticide, herbicide and chemical-free for three years before certification. Organic teas are also banned from containing any amount of GMOs or engineered nano-particles.
Organic Tea Benefits
In addition to the benefits that organic products can bring to the environment, drinking tea has many positive effects on our body and mind:
- Promotes Digestive Health: Many types of organic tea can improve the performance of essential gut bacteria, fostering healthy digestion.
- Boosts Antioxidants: Organic green tea is chock-full of antioxidants that can help fight cellular damage, oxidative stress, or even heart disease.
- Improves Immunity: Organic teas are full of vitamin H and vitamin D; these vitamins can facilitate better metabolism and reduce the effects of infection.
- Calms the Mind: Many organic teas are full of Theanine, an amino acid that reduces the immune system’s response to stress; this can facilitate relaxation and lead to better sleep.
- Regulates Blood Sugar: Organic green tea and organic black tea can help regulate healthy glucose and blood sugar levels; this reduces the risk of diabetes and can support weight loss.
Amora’s Tea Blends
At Amora, we are dedicated to making our tea delicious, versatile, and of course, organic! In fact, our blends are 100 percent organic, 100 percent biodegradable, hand-picked and hand-assembled.
We have crafted six different tea blends designed to satisfy any kind of tea lover, all for an affordable subscription. In fact, we even let you try your first tin for free!
But, before you rush to get a tin of your new favorite blend delivered fresh to your door, let’s review each of our six blends so you can pick which ones to try!.
- English Breakfast (black tea): From India’s famed Iyerpadi tea estate, this black tea blend is celebrated for its sweet fragrance, bright and lightly brisk liquor and mellow, light clean flavor.
- Green Cloud Mist (green tea): One of the world’s most ancient and prized teas, this green tea blend is grown under cloud cover in early Spring on China’s Meng Ding mountain for a soft, sweet flavor, and vibrant green leaf color.
- Chamomile (herbal tea): Created from 100 percent organic full chamomile blossoms with no additives of any kind for a luscious honey aroma, rich color and unusually full body.
- Ginger Lemongrass (herbal tea): Balancing pure ginger root with sweet lemongrass, licorice root, and a dash of pure lemon peel and mint, this herbal tea blend creates a clean & light yet intensely flavored beverage that can be served hot or cold.
- Early Grey (black tea): Made the traditional way in one of Sri Lanka’s top tea estates, this black tea blend has bergamot flower blossoms added in for a wonderfully aromatic medium-bodied tea.
- Jasmine (green tea): Harvested in the late spring and early summer, the delicate leaves rest in airy beds of Jasmine creating an exotic and intoxicating, yet delicate flavor.
Follow Us and Subscribe
Now that you know why high quality, organic tea blends are the best, feel free to check out our Guide to Brewing Tea and stay up-to-date with our blog for more tips, tricks, and how-to’s on finding, brewing and enjoying your favorite teas.
Join our Tea Subscription Service today and get six varieties of 16-sachet tins of fresh Amora tea shipped to you within two days. With multiple types of organic green, black, and herbal teas to choose from, you can mix and match your subscription as often as you like. Plus, there is no minimum purchase requirement, and you can stop, pause, or adjust your subscription at any time.
If you like drinking delicious, organic tea packed with diverse flavors and health benefits, try Amora today!